I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers/Illustrated by Marla Frazee


"Every day, everywhere, babies are kissed ~ on their cheeks, on their ears, their fingers, their nose, on the top of their head, on their tummy, their toes."

So starts this charming children's book about babies. The words are sweet and lulling but what really draws me to this book is the illustrations by Marla Frazee (her website here).

They are intricate and adorable. I swear I find a new detail every time I read this book to the little ones.
(Post originally posted at The Insatiable Reader.)

1 comment: