I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Goodnight Moon & My World by Margaret Wise Brown/Illustrated by Clement Hurd

I'm not sure that it gets any more classic than Goodnight Moon for children's literature. The simplicity, the vivid coloring, the soothing, lyrical story...


We're obviously big fans of Goodnight Moon but I had no clue about it's lesser-known companion, My World written and illustrated by the same team of Brown and Hurd.


Dare I say? I like this book better than Goodnight Moon. I think the kids do too. My World takes on the elements of bunny's day in the same manner as GM approached bedtime. While it's still simple and sweet, it incorporates a world much bigger than the world of a childhood nursery.
Read Goodnight Moon to your babies, read My World to your toddlers and preschoolers.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this one for the first time this week. I have to admit...it seems a little strange to me. but maybe when Judah's a little bigger and can appreciate the pictures we will like it more.

    :)

    I'll have to look for the matchy matchy book!

    ReplyDelete