I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Thursday, February 11, 2010

Goonight Goodnight Sleepyhead by Ruth Krauss/Illustrated by Jane Dyer

Goodnight Goodnight Sleepyhead is another baby night-time book and it's illustrated by Jane Dyer (the illustrator of our favorite, Time for Bed).


This book takes you through baby's room; we tuck in the stuffed animals, say "goodnight" to the elements in baby's bedroom and say goodnight to baby's head, fingers, toes, ears and nose. It has a soothing rhyming cadence and ends up teaching baby the parts of his body.

By the time I'm finished reading this one I'm ready for bed. Although...at this point I'm always ready for bed.
Though I see this as more of a baby/toddler book, my kids still pull it out for me to read from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment