I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Creepy Castle by John S. Goodall

You know what I like about books that have no words? The illustrations have to be good to carry the story. Creepy Castle by John Goodall delivers on the gorgeous illustrations. They're colorful and detailed.
Two mice - a princess and her knight, perhaps? (That's the other thing about narration-less books, you kind of make up your own story.) - go exploring in a creepy, abandoned castle. They are followed by a malicious rat and the adventures keep coming page after caption-less page.


This one is a current favorite of the two Bigs. I may have to return the library's copy and go on a hunt for our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment