I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Captain Small Pig by Martin Waddell and Susan Varley

Funny little story about an adventurous pig on a boating trip with two of his buddies, Turkey and Old Goat. The personalities of the animals is so strong in the dialogue of this book. It lends itself quite well to "doing voices" which lends itself quite well to children's giggles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment