I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin People by Sandra & Ron Lightburn


I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween and the creepy, ugly things that go with it. I enjoy the candy (of course I do!) and gorgeous children in funny costumes...but halloween decor and scary books about ghosts and goblins are not for me; or the piglets.


But this book is a worthy harvest-time read.

Complete with a little bit of spook - pumpkin people creeping from the corn fields in the dark - and some Fall fun - they gather at a huge bonfire to dance and party - it has just about all you need to get into the spirit of Autumn.

It even gives step-by-step instructions for how to build your own pumpkin people at the end.
Way too much fun.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments! We're glad the 3 piglets enjoyed our book!

    Sandra and Ron Lightburn

    ReplyDelete