I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Friday, October 8, 2010

Treasure Hunt by Allan Ahlberg

Look at this adorable book. This is one you can judge from its cover.


This story follows Tilly, a curious toddler who loves to play seek and find throughout the day. Her breakfast, her stuffed bunny, her pet kitty - all hidden objects to find in the intricate drawings of this book. Gillian Tyler may just be one of my new favorite illustrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment