I am a self-proclaimed book fiend. Children's literature holds a special place in my heart - I think it is because my mother is an avid book lover herself and taught me from very early on to love classic, well-written children's literature.
Beautiful, enriching illustrations are just a part of the draw of a wonderful children's story, and so most of the books we review here will have gorgeous drawings.
You will not find any lackluster books on this blog. No vulgar Dora, Spongebob or Disney.
We believe in books that beautify the experience of growing up and learning.


Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baby Dear by Esther Wilkin; Illustrated by Eloise Wilkin

 This little golden book, Baby Dear, by Esther and Eloise Wilkin is one of my all-time favorites. It has been since I was a chubby-handed girl cradling her own baby doll. The copy I have has my name inscribed shakily inside the front cover. It was .89 when my mom (or grandma) bought it for me and now you can't get one for under $15.



Eloise Wilkin is another of my favorite illustrators. I don't even need to explain why. Look at the beauty of her art. Gorgeous.

The piglets, especially Evie, love this story of a little girl mirroring her mother's actions with their brand-new baby with her new baby doll. But for me - as usual - it's all about the drawings.

1 comment:

  1. I found a "collection" book of Eloise Wilken at TJ Maxx...It has several of her books included in one big book. I adore it. I think this book is in it. Her art work is precious. just perfect.

    ReplyDelete